Rethinking Segmentation: The First Step to Hotel Revenue Management
Segmentation is the critical first step to hotel revenue management. Before you can accurately forecast your business and price your rooms, you have to understand and define the types of customers booking your property.
This webinar will provide a tutorial on how to get started with segmentation and then go beyond the basics so you can better forecast demand, price inventory and ultimately increase your revenue per available room.
- Understand what customer segmentation is and why it’s important
- A look at traditional hotel segmentation: group vs. transient, business vs. leisure
- Going beyond the basics: further segment your customers by when, where and how they book
- Track crucial data and create the best reports
- Case study: how one hotel redefined its segmentation and improved its bottom line
Look Who’s Talking
Senior Solutions Engineer
Nathaniel (or Nat as everyone calls him) manages global hotel and resort solution engineering for Duetto. He graduated in 2013 from Cornell University and holds a Bachelors of Science from The School of Hotel Administration.